Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Body fab or Finally got the bug

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 03:13 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Body fab or Finally got the bug

After all this time I finally just figured out what kind of lift setup I want. It's a little depressing knowing that for now on a little part of me will be miserable until it all gets done. It's still gonna be a while thought because I prob won't be getting a second vehicle anytime soon and this def can't be a d/d after it's lifted.

Something that really set me back recently was finding all the rust I've got under the very back part of the cargo floor panel on the right side. Seems like it's not too widespread but pushed on it and it's loose as a goose. Overall there's more rust on my underside than I'd like to see but I think most things are fairly solid. Although sometime soon I'd like to do some underside body sanding and undercoating to keep things from getting serious.

How do you replace a floor panel like that? Strip the interior out to get to it, zip the bad part out with a side cutter. Video would be helpful. Been wanting a MIG for too long anyways. I'd guess they're some spot welds in there that have to be drilled out. My rocker panels are just starting to bubble up too. Not entirely sure how serious that is yet.