Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

blinker malfunction rear passenger side

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default blinker malfunction rear passenger side

ive checked the blinker with a multimeter, its getting voltage, i swapped a used socket in, then finally a new socket. i ran a new wire from the front blinker that works, directly to the turn signal bulb, still nothing. drilled a new ground for all the lights in the back still nothing. i dont know what im doing wrong, I thought i was decent at this, but im ripping my hair out trying to figure this **** out
Old 11-29-2016, 12:07 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 2000 and 1998
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by torhne
ive checked the blinker with a multimeter, its getting voltage, i swapped a used socket in, then finally a new socket. i ran a new wire from the front blinker that works, directly to the turn signal bulb, still nothing. drilled a new ground for all the lights in the back still nothing. i dont know what im doing wrong, I thought i was decent at this, but im ripping my hair out trying to figure this **** out
looked at wiring, cant come up with anything for sure,,,odd mess!!

maybe tomorrow.
Old 11-29-2016, 12:39 AM

The front blinker works bright, so I thought if I tapped into the blue wire up front and ran a long jumper just to check it. I'm flustered if I got 3-4 bad sockets one offer the other. It's at the point where I'm about to cut out drivers side tail light just to switch to passenger side to see if it works but I hate destroying something that's working
Old 11-29-2016, 01:47 AM

it wasnt the blue wire, it was the brown, so for now i am going to run a jumper all the way to the rear bulb, as it works for now...