Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Another Wiring Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 6cyl
Default Another Wiring Question

The accessory power to my stereo on my 95 xj died the other day. The fan still turns on. I know i could just wire the accessory supply from the radio to the constant power and i would just have to be sure to turn it off when i get out. On the other hand i figured i might be able to cut into the supply going to the fan and run it from there. I was wondering if this is possible, and if so what wire would i be looking for?
Old 01-16-2011, 04:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 98
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0l

Originally Posted by Nickdvha
The accessory power to my stereo on my 95 xj died the other day. The fan still turns on. I know i could just wire the accessory supply from the radio to the constant power and i would just have to be sure to turn it off when i get out. On the other hand i figured i might be able to cut into the supply going to the fan and run it from there. I was wondering if this is possible, and if so what wire would i be looking for?
Do yourself a favor. Figure out why the switched power isn't working rather than hacking into another harness. Iircc there are 2 fuses. Test them in-circuit with a test light at both sides of the fuse.

Also if the radio is out of the dash, clip a test lead to a good ground and touch the other end to the frame of radio. See if that works.