Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Aftermarket guages

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Aftermarket guages

Hey I wanted to know hot to install some after market guages i.e. oil pressure coolant temp and voltage. I have a 96 Cherokee 4.0 high output. MSD OEM replacement coil and accel cap and rotor, the truck started running funny recently and come to find that the puke bucket hose came loose and sprayed all my coolant out. The thermostat was bad as well and the head was bone dry. I cant find a place on the head to install the temp guage and I really need to get this done because apparently my dash board indicator has stopped working.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:17 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 HO Straight Six

Originally Posted by spauldo8426
Hey I wanted to know hot to install some after market guages i.e. oil pressure coolant temp and voltage. I have a 96 Cherokee 4.0 high output. MSD OEM replacement coil and accel cap and rotor, the truck started running funny recently and come to find that the puke bucket hose came loose and sprayed all my coolant out. The thermostat was bad as well and the head was bone dry. I cant find a place on the head to install the temp guage and I really need to get this done because apparently my dash board indicator has stopped working.
The easiest way is to do an entire gauge cluster swap. That's what I would suggest you do. There are a ton of people on here that have done it, search is your friend!