Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Ac blows warm

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 renix
Default Ac blows warm

Hey guys I have a 1990 xj 4.0 and the AC hasn't been working for a while. We got it recharged a couple years ago but that didn't fix it and it's been not working ever since. I checked it out yesterday and when I turn the AC on I can see the freon flowing through the system in the glass view. The AC clutch spins when I turn it on too, and so does the electric fan. Anybody have any idea what it could be?
Old 06-15-2015, 01:36 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0
Default Re-No A.C.

Welcome. Everything you need to know is here. To start out, I would read a bunch of the great A.C. threads to be found with the "Search" option. You'll find that a set of A.C. service gauges is your only hope of troubleshooting the problem yourself. If you buy, they come with a minimum of instructions. You may be able to loan from your local parts store. Without some understanding of how the system works, the gauges will be useless to you. There's also many videos on U-Tube about A.C. service. The last option is to take it to a garage to be fixed. Hope this gets you started.
Old 06-16-2015, 01:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1990
Engine: 4.0 renix

Originally Posted by Knucklebuster
Welcome. Everything you need to know is here. To start out, I would read a bunch of the great A.C. threads to be found with the "Search" option. You'll find that a set of A.C. service gauges is your only hope of troubleshooting the problem yourself. If you buy, they come with a minimum of instructions. You may be able to loan from your local parts store. Without some understanding of how the system works, the gauges will be useless to you. There's also many videos on U-Tube about A.C. service. The last option is to take it to a garage to be fixed. Hope this gets you started.
Thanks for the help!