Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

ABS mounting bracket

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 I6
Default ABS mounting bracket

I recently purchased a 95 XJ that needs a little work. Well, a little work ended up meaning replacing all of the rear brake system. When removing the driver rear brake drum for the first time, all of the self adjuster assembly fell out in pieces. I've managed to rebuild the passenger side without much issue thanks to a bunch of searching on this forum.

My problem I've run into now is on the driver side, the pieces of the adjuster that broke apart damaged the bracket for the ABS sensor. This sent the sensor into the tone ring and damaged it beyond repair. I have a replacement sensor, but the bracket it bolts into is bent out of shape and the threads for the mounting bolt for the sensor are ovaled out and useless. I'm wondering what my best options for getting a new bracket are. I assume that it's part of the backing plate, but the FSM and the parts manual are rather non-specific about the whole thing.

Unfortunately they're aren't any decent junkyards around and this is going to be a daily driver for me, so just eliminating the ABS is not an option.