Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

98 cherokee 4.0 ghost pulse

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 03:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default 98 cherokee 4.0 ghost pulse

Hi, i have fire in cyl 1 and 6 but no pulse in the other cylinder injectors in my 98 cherokee with a 4.0. Alternator, battery, and ign coil tested good, stator appeared to pulse but i have to double check with my analog volt meter tomorrow. There is no pulse at the #2 through #5 injectors. The ohm and volt test both failed for the crank position sensor test however. I am now stumped because most of the time with a failed cps I understand there will be no fire at all. I really feel it could be the reason the pcm is not sending the pulse to the injectors, but also if thats the case why is the 1 and 6 injectors getting signal? Is that heard of from a pcm thats recieving an intermittent ir bad signal from the crank pos sensor? I recieved code P0353 and I just replaced the pcm because the alternator current was not making it to the battery, it fixed that problem and now. I cant figure this prob out. Hope its normt the pcm again. Also the ASD is good, all fuses good, I sanded down all the grounds, cleaned TPS. I still need to check the continuity. Between stator wires to pcm plug,cps harness to pcm, check stator with analog vm, double check cps test... Anyine else have any input for this code with these symptoms? Ill update what i find out.