Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

94 Jeep Cherokee Country Wiring Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 01:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1994
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 HO Inline 6
Default 94 Jeep Cherokee Country Wiring Problem

Howdy all, I've had my XJ for almost 4-5 years now and I now own another 93 XJ with no problems to it. I believe it was last year I encountered a problem with my power windows not working. All the windows and window locks worked up till last year but then all of the other switches on the other doors besides the drivers door and about 5-6 months ago the windows quit working but the power locks still worked so i been kind of jerry rigging it so that my windows will roll down. Running a power wire from the fuse block to the connector out of the drivers door, that i cut and use for all my windows I replaced the drivers door master power window/power locks control block and switches but now recently the locks went out also. I had pulled all of my fuses and checked them to find out fuse #9 had blown. Replaced it and it blew a few seconds later. I unhooked all my fire lights, cb and sound box from the fuses i had them hooked to so I figured out none of those were my problem. But i also do have my heat/ac straight wired to the battery and run to a toggle switch. I have also tried unhooking that and it still blowing the fuse. I've about pulled all my hair out on this problem. I know its got to be a short somewhere but idk where to start looking. And I also have a problem with my headlights wanting to turn off while im driving and i have to keep pulling the headlight **** in and out numerous times to get them to come back on but luckily i have aftermarket fog lights that still allow me to see at night. I dont know where to star looking for any short. Any help would be greatly appreciated