Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

2001 jeep cherokee sport blend door

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default 2001 jeep cherokee sport blend door

I believe I have a blend door problem. Warm heater and ac not working. (already flushed heater core). I have seen video's on other models, like the grand Cherokee and the jeep xj but nothing on my model. Anyone have info on this model , 2001 jeep Cherokee sport.
Old 11-04-2016, 07:12 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

To fix it you gotta pull the whole dash out of the jeep.Search heater core videos its pretty much same job as much stuff you have to remove.
Old 11-04-2016, 09:26 AM
CF Veteran

Received 82 Likes on 67 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by treypescatorie
I believe I have a blend door problem. Warm heater and ac not working. (already flushed heater core). I have seen video's on other models, like the grand Cherokee and the jeep xj but nothing on my model. Anyone have info on this model , 2001 jeep Cherokee sport.

Does your HVAC blower work?

If the blower works it might be a defective Blend-Air Door actuator motor.

The Blend-Air Door actuator is located on the bottom of the HVAC Unit, in the upper left corner of the passenger footwell.

Get a flashlight and see if you can locate it. Now see if it works.

Make any selection on the mode selector on your climate control panel, except OFF, turn the ignition switch to RUN/ON but don't start the engine.

While turning the temp control **** from hot to cold, back and forth slowly, look at the bottom of the Blend-Air Door actuator to see if the white shaft is turning. It should turn about 90 degrees stop-to-stop.

If it doesn't move, remove the actuator by removing its three attachment screws then see if it moves by trying the above procedure.

If it won't move, replace the motor. They are made by Dorman so you should be able to get it at the local parts stores.

If it does move the blend door itself may be stuck. Try moving the blend door shaft by hand. If it won't move try moving it gently using pliers. If it still won't move the door should be replaced.

Tell us what you find.
Old 11-13-2016, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blend door actuator

I located the blend door actuator, and it looks like it is turning its full rotation.