Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

2000 XJ Driver Window Won't Roll Down

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 08:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Model: Cherokee
Default 2000 XJ Driver Window Won't Roll Down

Hey everyone,

I think I've isolated the problem to broken wires in the hinge area of the drivers door. The all seem really frayed and 'iffy'. Anyways, I snapped a few pictures that should illustrate what is going on.

Instead of going through the hassle of buying a new harness, would it be possible to just replace the single wire that operates the driver side window? Does anyone know what color the wire would be, or what pin to attach it to? Or should I just buy a new harness altogether? My Jeep won't pass the state vehicle inspection until I fix this damn problem...
Attached Thumbnails 2000 XJ Driver Window Won't Roll Down-imag0100.jpg   2000 XJ Driver Window Won't Roll Down-imag0101.jpg  
Old 02-01-2012, 06:00 AM
kjc
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1993
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L Laredo

Originally Posted by riftshighway
Hey everyone,

I think I've isolated the problem to broken wires in the hinge area of the drivers door. The all seem really frayed and 'iffy'. Anyways, I snapped a few pictures that should illustrate what is going on.

Instead of going through the hassle of buying a new harness, would it be possible to just replace the single wire that operates the driver side window? Does anyone know what color the wire would be, or what pin to attach it to? Or should I just buy a new harness altogether? My Jeep won't pass the state vehicle inspection until I fix this damn problem...
For me, the hardest part of replacing the harness would be buying it. If I saw what you showed in those pics on mine, i'd solder/wrap each wire. If a broken wire in there is the window problem, fixing them all will fix the window no matter what color the wire is.