Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

1991 laredo paint question

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 04:43 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1994
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: v8
Default 1991 laredo paint question

My daughter bought this, and the grill thing under the wipers was broken. I got one from the bone yard and want to paint to match for her.

Is this just a generic rattle can green metallic or something special? Perfection is the enemy of good enough, IMHO, and the hood is kinda scabby already, so I will probably pull it and give it a shot of the same paint so it matches.

Any advice?

Thanks.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:12 PM
CF Veteran

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Year: My Jeep is a GMC

Originally Posted by rangermonroe
My daughter bought this, and the grill thing (cowl panel) under the wipers was broken. I got one from the bone yard and want to paint to match for her.

Is this just a generic rattle can green metallic or something special? Perfection is the enemy of good enough, IMHO, and the hood is kinda scabby already, so I will probably pull it and give it a shot of the same paint so it matches.

Any advice?

Thanks.
Go to the duplicolor website it will tell you where you can find the paint code. If the vehicle is really old & weathered I wouldn't be to worried about it. Even if you have paint custon mixed the chances of the whole vehicle being the exact same shade is about 0%. Long story short generic metallic green will work fine, if not black matches everything.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:28 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1994
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: v8

Thanks.

New to the Jeep game. My 99 GC has turned out to be bulletproof. My kid found this one in an old lady's yard for $500. I did a little wrenching, welding, and swapping bad parts for good ones. Down to fixing "stuff", and this is one of those things.

I just wanted to make sure that there was no secret "XYZ brand at this place is an exact match for your car", kinda thing going on.