Trail Reports Show off pictures of your recent wheeling events.

Stock Jeep

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 06:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L I6 w/ K&N and bored TB
Default Stock Jeep

I just bought my first Cherokee a few weeks ago, im 18 and this is my second car and my first one thats 4x4. Im not completely new to off roading since i'd been doing minimal off roading before in my dads F-250 4x4, but this is the first I can call my own.

The first day I had it i was itching to immediately take it off road, so I did. I also got pretty badly stuck, but hey, it was still stock then, and I didnt know what I was doing ( I still dont really ). Since I bought it in early April it now has a 3in Rough Country Series II lift and new Definity Dakota M/T tires, but I thought the pictures of my jeeps first off road excursion are still cool. Mostly the stuck ones, I kinda stepped beyond the boundaries of my low treaded original tires (BF Goodrich Long Trails) and didnt quite drive the line right for the hill so i had to winch myself out of that.

These are all picture right after I bought it, I cant seem to find my camera to take any pictures at the moment, but ill put some after pics up as soon as i do.

I've been doing all my own maintenance (Changing oil, Transmission fluid, Serpentine belt and did the lift with help from my father.) which im not too experienced at working on cars yet, but I hope to keep this jeep for a long time so im learning as I go along. With only 61,000 miles on it now, it should last as long as i'd want. I have a few more mods in mind, I want skids for the front end and gas tank and a safari rack for a full size spare, but this is pretty much just my first step into off road vehicles so, ill just see what happens.

If you guys have any more suggestions for equipment or places to try out my new stuff (I've mostly been wheeling on snowmobile and 4wheeler trails) I live in Upstate NY so any ideas for trails are appreciated.

Last edited by Iant333; 12-06-2009 at 04:52 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1990
Engine: 4.ol renix

Looks good! If you are getting skids and gonna be riding rocky trails, as cool as the brush guard is it might get in the way.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:55 AM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999.
Engine: 4.0, I6

nice front grill that come with the jeep? iv been wanting one of those bad myself