Trail Reports Show off pictures of your recent wheeling events.

Spring Creek, CO 5-17-09

Old 05-20-2009, 03:04 AM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1987
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default Spring Creek, CO 5-17-09

Well here's the pictures promised showing off my damage.

Short story: Dinged up my exhaust going up Spring Creek. Got myself a replacement system out of a '92 H/O XJ. Needs some cutting up at the flange but this is what I got.

Video:
Old 05-20-2009, 07:36 AM
Do you hear banjos?

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

How far were you able to go up there?? I was just wondering about snow, which always seems to be an early season problem on SC, thanks much!!
Old 05-20-2009, 11:02 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1997 XJ
Engine: 4.0 HO JASPER MOTOR

wow thats a lot more damage than what i had on mine when i got done there. you must not have alot of lift im guessing? anyways. Its just a flesh wound put a bandaid on it and keep on wheeling.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:56 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0 HO

nice damage. any wheeling pics?
Old 05-20-2009, 12:41 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by COSXJFAN
How far were you able to go up there?? I was just wondering about snow, which always seems to be an early season problem on SC, thanks much!!
We got up to just after the third obstacle a little ways before the rock garden. After that the snow was too deep to continue. Even that considered, it was a good trip.

Originally Posted by 98XJSETH
wow thats a lot more damage than what i had on mine when i got done there. you must not have alot of lift im guessing? anyways. Its just a flesh wound put a bandaid on it and keep on wheeling.
The door ding was caused by me going through the first obstacle when a lot of people were watching and nobody was spotting. I had at least 5 people just sitting there watching the rock collide with my door and not help out. I was pretty tippy there and the rock made contact with my door above my skid rail. The outer tube on my rail did help keep the rock out of my door a lot more than it could have been, but I'm not too worried about it. I'm on a 2" AAL with full springs and shocks, but I do pretty well.

Originally Posted by JakeWI
nice damage. any wheeling pics?
"The check is in the mail." I'm waiting on my friend to upload the pics.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:12 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0 HO

awesome! cant wait to see them.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:49 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by hubbazoot
The door ding was caused by me going through the first obstacle when a lot of people were watching and nobody was spotting. I had at least 5 people just sitting there watching the rock collide with my door and not help out. I was pretty tippy there and the rock made contact with my door above my skid rail.
Did you stop and ask for a spot? I don't spot for anyone unless they ask for it...mainly because i don't like being spotted unless I ask for it.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:09 PM
Do you hear banjos?

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Spottin can be tricky. I've been in situations where several people were all trying to spot me at the same time, nothing will frustrate me faster!! I usually go with this one guy, and we have a standing rule that we spot eachother. I've had to tell people that he is spotting me, and that is all I need. It's really difficult when you have more than one person trying to tell you what to do in a given circumstance. It normally doesn't offend anyone, but it has. It's a choice I've made, and it's my rig, and when you have a good spotter that you can trust, things are far better, IMHO!! Lets face it, this stuff can ugly VERY fast, and with little warning!!
Old 05-21-2009, 01:18 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by IntrepidXJ
Did you stop and ask for a spot? I don't spot for anyone unless they ask for it...mainly because i don't like being spotted unless I ask for it.
I asked for a spot and they all just kind of stared at me. I thought one of them said "okay" and someone else said "you're fine" right before the door made contact.

Simply put, a mistake was made. I can live with a scratch in my doors. It's easy enough to replace and not high on my worry list.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:06 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 2000

Originally Posted by COSXJFAN
Spottin can be tricky. I've been in situations where several people were all trying to spot me at the same time, nothing will frustrate me faster!! I usually go with this one guy, and we have a standing rule that we spot eachother. I've had to tell people that he is spotting me, and that is all I need. It's really difficult when you have more than one person trying to tell you what to do in a given circumstance. It normally doesn't offend anyone, but it has. It's a choice I've made, and it's my rig, and when you have a good spotter that you can trust, things are far better, IMHO!! Lets face it, this stuff can ugly VERY fast, and with little warning!!
Part of the reason I go out exploring by myself most of the time. The small group I sometimes go out with has a standing rule.....no spotting unless it's asked for.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:14 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 99

poor jeep took a beatin
Old 05-22-2009, 08:29 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by fixitman
poor jeep took a beatin
Yeah. Good thing they're tough little vehicles. I really didn't mean to beat it up as much as I did. Well, wisdom for next time.