Trail Reports Show off pictures of your recent wheeling events.

parking lot crawling

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 10:41 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default parking lot crawling

on a less serious note, there is a parking lot with a semi loading dock near my house that some friends and i always jumped our bikes off when we were kids. now, me and a friend use the dock hill as a flex ramp and just screw around there. its fine with the workers..some sometimes watch

after i took out the rear sway bar

my friends zj before front sway bar disconnects

after

most recent

ill be making discos for the front after the budget boost. the 30s are close to rubbing infront as is connected

and just to clear things up, i do use my rig offroad so its not just a mall crawler

proof:

just thought id share
Old 07-18-2008, 05:43 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1996
Engine: 2.5L I-4

That's right, you show that curb who's boss!
Old 07-18-2008, 10:28 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TrueBlueXJ
That's right, you show that curb who's boss!
Nice pictures, I guess
Old 07-18-2008, 12:07 PM
CF Veteran

it was just for fun, the best part is, people joke about some show rigs as mall crawlers, well, i take it to the next level
Old 07-18-2008, 12:43 PM
Renix Super Guru

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Year: 1990XJ/1989MJ
Model: Comanche
Engine: 4.0L Renix

Originally Posted by aircruiser
it was just for fun, the best part is, people joke about some show rigs as mall crawlers, well, i take it to the next level

Is there a set of levels that I missed somewhere? Are they written anywhere?
Old 07-20-2008, 01:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0L i6

Originally Posted by BlueXJ
Too True
Old 07-20-2008, 10:01 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1993
Engine: 4.0L

Blue, please say you are joking. He is talking about he didn't build his jeep just for show he does hard wheeling too.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:08 AM
Renix Super Guru

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Year: 1990XJ/1989MJ
Model: Comanche
Engine: 4.0L Renix

Originally Posted by alienboyfinney
Blue, please say you are joking. He is talking about he didn't build his jeep just for show he does hard wheeling too.
What is the next level above (or below) Mall crawlin' show trucks? His stuff and his buddies look pretty stock to me. What level is that? Just trying to see the levels that are unwritten (evidently) so I can understand where my junk is located in the big Jeep picture.

Last edited by BlueXJ; 07-20-2008 at 10:12 AM.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:29 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1993

What is the next level above (or below) Mall crawlin' show trucks? His stuff and his buddies look pretty stock to me. What level is that? Just trying to see the levels that are unwritten (evidently) so I can understand where my junk is located in the big Jeep picture.
He takes his to the trail not just a mall crawler!!!! Thats the next darn level!
Old 07-20-2008, 11:12 AM
CF Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Year: 2001

I hate to be the fly in the oat meal but I have to on this..

Sure the rigs look all cool flexed out, but it's pics like those that make people thing ALL of us Jeep people are stupid Red Necks... If you want to show flex do it off road or build a RTI ramp. But don't do that in a parking lot. It looks bad on all of us. So be smart about were you "Flex" for pics. Cause next time you might make the news and than have trails near you closed, or worse yet the ability to mod your rig infringed upon.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:40 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by nick_n_ii
I hate to be the fly in the oat meal but I have to on this..

Sure the rigs look all cool flexed out, but it's pics like those that make people thing ALL of us Jeep people are stupid Red Necks... If you want to show flex do it off road or build a RTI ramp. But don't do that in a parking lot. It looks bad on all of us. So be smart about were you "Flex" for pics. Cause next time you might make the news and than have trails near you closed, or worse yet the ability to mod your rig infringed upon.

am i missing something? id think illegal wheeling would be worse then simply flexing up on a simple ramp. this is just good clean fun, the boss and workers have watched us. also, its treading lightly so the green freaks shouldnt have a problem with it. by the way, i havent been mall crawling since, i just wanted to test out the flex on my rig. i do wheel it a good amount and i like wheeling 100x more than mall crawling. i didnt post up these picture to show off because thatd be hoping to accomplish the opposite.

blue, my rig was stock in the original pictures but now has a couple more mods and soon will be somewhat like what your rig seems to be (according to your sig). i plan on an RE 2.5 or 3.5 and cragar window wheels. as mentioned above, my rig is a daily driver but sees trails once or twice a week. i use my jeep like it should be used. this whole thread was one big joke so i hope i didnt offend anyone or get anyone to up-tight.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:50 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I see a couple boards and two tires. Did you cheat on that pole flex picture???????? Come on, be honest with us!!!!!

Still cool though. As long as permission was granted, it shouldn't be a problem. I used to do that at in my college parking lot in Rochester. The campus safety police dared me to try it with my 2wd dodge dakota. Drove it right up the light pole till the rear bumper hit the ground. They laughed and said get lost afterwards.

Last edited by muddeprived; 08-04-2008 at 06:53 AM.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:38 PM
CF Veteran

damn...ya caught me..yep, cheated.

my friends zj has more flex than my rig because its lifted and has front sway bar discos..he didnt think he could do it.

i pulled my xj up sideways next to the poll, cranked the wheel, put it in 4lo and started but my tire didnt like it. looked like it was ready to pop off the rim. so my friend tried it and his tire looked the same so we found some boards and tires and made a little ramp.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:42 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by aircruiser
damn...ya caught me..yep, cheated.

my friends zj has more flex than my rig because its lifted and has front sway bar discos..he didnt think he could do it.

i pulled my xj up sideways next to the poll, cranked the wheel, put it in 4lo and started but my tire didnt like it. looked like it was ready to pop off the rim. so my friend tried it and his tire looked the same so we found some boards and tires and made a little ramp.
you got lockers? that's hard to do without lockers.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:19 PM
CF Veteran

nope, no lockers. it was working but like i said, i didnt want to blow the tire off the rim so i didnt climb more than 3". luckily i had the doors off so i could see the tire before i ended up ****ing things up.

Quick Reply: parking lot crawling