Trail Reports Show off pictures of your recent wheeling events.

"Behind the hummer plant"

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L I6
Default "Behind the hummer plant"

Today i took this jeep out to do some mild wheelin for its first time. It was kinda a spur of the moment thing, so i threw my 2 year old in and took off. I was so excited i forgot to change outta my slippers. So theres this place about 5 minutes away that is just a huge chunk of land that my dad use to ride his dirt bike on 30 years ago, then i used to take my bike there. I havent been there in a few years, so i decided to check it out. Most people around here call it "behind the hummer plant" cause thats where it is. Anyways oh my has it changed and expanded. I used to go out with my bike and not see a sole but today there were about 15 bikes, a f150 and a durange that were wheelin. I was just takin it easy, cant afford to break anything, had noone to recover, and my son fell asleep right when we got there and slept the whole time. anyways enough talkin, heres some pics, ill get some action shots next time when i take someone annd remember my shoes.Name:  155.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  98.4 KB

Name:  156.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  98.5 KB

Name:  157.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  94.7 KB

Name:  158.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  98.1 KB

Name:  159.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  97.5 KB
Old 04-09-2009, 10:23 PM

Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0

Please do not forget rule number 1 when wheeling

"Do not wheel alone"
A two year old
always go prepared let someone know were you are going & what time you should be returning

From the picture looks like you have civilization near by

What if something would have happened to you...

Man I am getting old

Flame suit on
Old 04-09-2009, 10:42 PM

Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0L I6

Originally Posted by RickBeer
Please do not forget rule number 1 when wheeling

"Do not wheel alone"
A two year old
always go prepared let someone know were you are going & what time you should be returning

From the picture looks like you have civilization near by

What if something would have happened to you...

Man I am getting old

Flame suit on
Thanks for your concern, like i said its close to home and i wasnt there for more than 20 minutes and i had no intention of going through or over anything i didnt think 2 wheel drive couldnt handle. I kissed my girlfriend bye and she knew where we were going and i called her when i got there. 2 year old is plenty old enough for light wheeling IMO and there were about 20 25 other people there if something serious were to happen. how light was the wheeling? i quote myself My son "slept the whole time"
Next time i go i wanna get real dirty so i will be taking a buddy of mine in his tj. maybe this weekend
Trust me i learned my lesson on wheeling alone when i took my tahoe to this spot about 3 years ago at 11:30 at night, got stuck, tried diggin it out with no tools or gear just hands. Me and 3 other buddys decided to give up and call for a ride home at about 5 A.M.. Then i went back out at 8 A.M. with my dads truck and got out...Lesson learned

Last edited by caddydaddy1027; 04-09-2009 at 11:14 PM.