For sale ***This area has been closed. You can view posts but can not create new posts or reply to existing posts in here.***

1999 Cherokee, Buffalo NY area- $1500

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 08:08 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default 1999 Cherokee, Buffalo NY area- $1500

Let me first say, I don't own this Jeep, it belongs to my ex. It is located in Derby NY and for now the price is firm.
Now available. Not waiting until the 4th.
1999 Cherokee, 4.0L, AW4, NP231, Crysler 8.25, cloth interior (argent), power windows, locks, steering, AC, cruise (aftermarkt), AM/FM/CD (front speakers only).
Here's my story: I purchased this about 3 years ago from a friend of mine with some front end body damage and at the time it wasn't running. I bought it with the intentions of restoring it but with financial times being hard it went straight to being a DD for the mother of my son. I replaced the front fenders, hood, header panel, and front bumper from a doner vehicle. Unfortunately it was not the same color green and the panels are not in the best of condition. Problems with running was just fuses and relays that needed replaced and the engine runs great. Currently has about 120K miles on it. Header panel has some cracks in it along the lower edge near the driver's bumper and the grill has a hole in it. Easy fix. The rear tailgate has a bad dent on the upper corner passenger side, also repairable. I currently don't have pics but may be able to add some later.

Since she took posession of the vehicle I have not been able to look after it like I normally would. She now lives in Derby NY and I live in Williamsport PA. When we would meet for me to pick up my son I would usually give it a quick once over and tell her what she needed to maintain or fix. Her knowledge of cars it limited to knowing that the gas pedal makes it go, the brake pedal makes it stop, and the steering wheel makes it point in the direction she wants to go.

The bad:

Cosmetically its not real pretty. Other than the aforementioned mis match color and dent, the dirver's door hindge needs fixed. Only rust I'v seen on it is the driver's front fender has a hole in it now. I believer the floors and rockers are good.

Needs a new radiator. It's leaking.

Needs new tires, they're bald.

The good:

It drives good and 4 wheel dirve works great. The vehicle has never been off road.

Last year I put all new brake pads and front rotors on it and I also replaced the muffler. Also had a new windshield put into it because of a stone flying off a truck.

Reason for selling: She is just not equipted to maintain a Jeep. She is looking to buy a new car rather than spending money to repair the jeep. Seems she makes pretty good money at her new job so she wants to buy something new. Because of the issues it has she is not driving it and is borrowing a vehicle from her parents. It will probably end up on Craigslist in the first week of April but I figured I'd offer it up here so that it might get the attention it needs from a true Jeep fan.

NOT BEING PARTED OUT... EVER. DON'T ASK!

Last edited by Cherockee; 03-30-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:45 AM
CF Veteran

Name:  IMG956111.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  84.6 KB
Old 03-30-2012, 01:34 PM
CF Veteran

She's ready to make this go away. If there's any interest contact me and we'll talk. Don't know how firm she is on the price.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any way you can meet up with the Jeep? I'm in CT and in desperate need of a vehicle for the wife, but I only have $1,100 to play around with.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:13 AM
CF Veteran

I'm sorry, but thatis not an option for us right now.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:33 AM
CF Veteran

Jeep is now on Craigslist also. I will be in NY this weekend to spend time with my son so I could show the vehicle myself and answer any questions if you want to come take a look at it. Thanks
Old 04-06-2012, 10:04 PM

Help: Looking for mounting bracket for front right upper control arm on my 95 Cherokee Jeep (Right Hand Drive). mine has broken the weld and is not attached to the axle; anyone have an idea where to get a new mount, to weld and replace the one that's broke
Old 04-06-2012, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Post95Jeep
Help: Looking for mounting bracket for front right upper control arm on my 95 Cherokee Jeep (Right Hand Drive). mine has broken the weld and is not attached to the axle; anyone have an idea where to get a new mount, to weld and replace the one that's broke
what?
Old 04-07-2012, 01:59 PM
CF Veteran

Ha ha, you guys missed out. Sold in one day. Please lock thread