Resolved this issue(s) today and would like to thank all that commented on this thread. Here is the schematic on the fan system:
The fuse was still intact but badly corroded including inside the plastic body. The contact tabs had been cleaned in this photo but were corroded also.
The next issue was the switch associated with the Heat Mode Selector Switch
. The connector tabs were corroded and the plastic body was distorted indicating high resistance and current at this point. This device was the core of the problems as the internal slide was burned to the point of not conducting. The electrical switch part of this assembly is only available as a complete assembly for about $200. I would hesitate buying an used one for all the current issues of this obviously under engineered system.
The switch can be opened and cleaned, which I did with a Dremel wire brush. Cleaned the grease with brake cleaner and used silicone grease to put it back together.
The next contacts on the schematic is the Blower Switch
. The connector here also was severely distorted this time too much to save. I cut the connector off and soldered individual spade connectors to the wires and cleaned the switch contacts WELL before reassembly. I also disassembled the switch and cleaned the contacts internally.
The resistor unit did not appear to be heat distorted at all and the resistances were of such small values that were beyond the effective range of my HF VOM.
With that everything worked but I am not sure for how long. Jeep should be ashamed of the design of this system. What I did today would have involved about $400 in parts and that or more in labor.