Aftermarket electrical systems Aftermarket electronics only! stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Single din with nav question

Old 11-03-2016, 03:44 AM

Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L Inline 6
Default Single din with nav question

I've been looking for a couple days for a good single din that has navigation and bluetooth and it's been difficult. I have only found a couple. Does anyone know of anything other than this one or is this one of my only options? I don't have the 1.5 din set up right now and I don't want to cut to make a double din fit. Is this even good? I've never heard of it before.

Another thing...I am kind of a noob when it comes to this stuff. It says 300w 4CH on the front of it. So does that mean if I bought a set of 300w front door speakers and I tried to add some rear speakers it couldn't handle it...or??
Attached Images  

Last edited by ReconCherokee; 11-03-2016 at 04:05 AM.
Old 11-03-2016, 07:59 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1997
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Soundstream has been around for a while but they are definitely only mid to lower end quality stuff. Doesn't mean it is no good, could be fine, could be crap.
The wattage ratings are meaningless and if all 4 speakers are the same then the sound will be good. Two speakers will not pull all the power.
Old 11-03-2016, 09:41 PM

Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0L Inline 6

So if I put these 4 in it would be all good?

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/K...pB1RoCd4bw_wcB
Old 11-04-2016, 07:53 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1997
Model: Grand Cherokee

Those should sound good but there is a possibility of clearance on the backside using 6.5" size. Worst case is you make or buy some spacer rings.
Old 11-04-2016, 09:20 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999

I did some research on them for my 04 WJ and only found one other than that, both have motorized screens and are failure prone for that reason. More so in off road usage because of the vibrations.

I ended up going with a factory Nav unit that I found on ebay, they are rebuilt with a 1 yr. warranty parts and labor for $325 shipped. Not an option for you but just what I learned from searching and several phone calls about the other units.