Aftermarket electrical systems Aftermarket electronics only! stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

ARB compressor wiring

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0L i6
Default ARB compressor wiring

Hey all, just picked up an ARB High Output OBA compressor. Wondering how you guys have wired yours (if you have one) and if anyone’s wired it to a fuse in the engine bay instead of the fuse box in the cabin. My reasoning behind this is twofold, one, I can’t get the wires through the grommet and into the cabin on the passenger side, and two, I’m trying to wire it with as little of a mess as possible. It sits next to the battery where my cruise control module was, I’m looking more for ideas on how to get it to an accessory (key activated) fuse, either one I can yank that won’t hurt anything, or an unused slot, and how to not light myself on fire. Thanks guys! Oh and it’s a 98 if that helps at all.
Old 04-17-2019, 11:36 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Mine sits on the firewall on the right side. It has an inline fuse right next to it and fat wire to the battery.

You could use an 'add a circuit' to a switched 12 volt in the engine fuse box to energize the relay that powers the compressor. Do use a relay. Don't wire directly