KL Cherokee Tech KL (14+)
2014 Cherokee Forum for all new KL and Cherokee Trailhawk discussion and tech information.

Uconnect Soft Reboot

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2014
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 2.4 Tiger Shark
Default Uconnect Soft Reboot

rather than gripe and get mad.. i went to the source..

TURN SWITCH OR PUSH BUTTON TO ACC
HOLD FOR 30 SECONDS BOTH VOICE AND PHONE BUTTONS
SHUT OFF POWER AND OPEN DOOR FOR 30 SECONDS
CLOSE DOOR AND START UP THE ENGINE,
WAIT FOR 30 SECONDS
AND THE SOFT REBOOT SHOULD BE COMPLETE

i got this from the guy at uconnect pertaining to my hands free going away with the subscription , he stated that should not be happening, that the hands free should work no matter what..
do we believe? it will work? i dunno i will try it in the morning.. and see if it cleared it up, if not i have to take mine in for that recall about the AIRBAGS GOING off randomly while trail blazing... i have a complaint number and they said i should have the tech check it out while in shop also.. and i will.. but im still going to test this reboot...
i hope it isnt like a military boom test on a tank barrel... ( same as sending someone after chem light batteries, for non vets, being on a baseball team and sending someone for a box of curve *****) would be equal to the joke..
Old 04-19-2015, 01:12 AM

i must add, the gentleman on the phone told me the techs can do a hard reboot at the dealership... but still if the thing is junk, it dont matter how many times we reboot it, the act of insanity is repeating the same thing over and over expecting different results..
Old 04-19-2015, 10:45 AM

Year: 1997/2014
Engine: 4.0L I6/3.2 V6

Originally Posted by metalwonzero
i got this from the guy at uconnect pertaining to my hands free going away with the subscription , he stated that should not be happening, that the hands free should work no matter what..
I just lost my subscription too, and I did some digging. The hands free should still work...to an extent. You will still be able to use the bluetooth for phone calls, it will alert you to texts, and you can use the 'pre-programmed text responses', BUT you need to have a uconnect subscription to get access to the voice recorded text messages and to have it read the incoming ones to you. Check out the uconnect website (http://www.driveuconnect.com/feature...cess/packages/) to see what you need a subscription for. I decided it wasn't worth the $15 a month to be able to talk to my jeep for texting. It can wait or I can make a phone call.
Old 04-19-2015, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by lighttoast
I just lost my subscription too, and I did some digging. The hands free should still work...to an extent. You will still be able to use the bluetooth for phone calls, it will alert you to texts, and you can use the 'pre-programmed text responses', BUT you need to have a uconnect subscription to get access to the voice recorded text messages and to have it read the incoming ones to you. Check out the uconnect website (http://www.driveuconnect.com/feature...cess/packages/) to see what you need a subscription for. I decided it wasn't worth the $15 a month to be able to talk to my jeep for texting. It can wait or I can make a phone call.
bullcrap... its my device... i own it.. if i want to jack my phone in and use it ill be damned if a company will micro manage my STUFF... im going to scrap the KL and get a normal ride...