Go Back  Jeep Cherokee Forum > Technical Discussion > KL Cherokee Tech
PLEASE HELP!! Just bought a 2018 Cherokee Limited need suggestions!! :) >

PLEASE HELP!! Just bought a 2018 Cherokee Limited need suggestions!! :)

KL Cherokee Tech KL (14+)
2014 Cherokee Forum for all new KL and Cherokee Trailhawk discussion and tech information.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PLEASE HELP!! Just bought a 2018 Cherokee Limited need suggestions!! :)

Old 01-30-2018, 08:35 PM

Model: Cherokee(SJ)
Default PLEASE HELP!! Just bought a 2018 Cherokee Limited need suggestions!! :)

Hello all,

So I just purchased a new Cherokee limited 4x4 and it is quite difficult to find a lift kit. I guess my other question is how high can I go not to void my warranty etc not really sure here. If anyone has any knowledge here I am all ears as I am totally new to all this. I can upload pics etc. Its white paint with black. Id love to get matte black rims but again any suggestions as to what lift kit/tired to get Id be super appreciative thanks!
Old 01-30-2018, 08:41 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by VEDILANYA View Post
Hello all,

So I just purchased a new Cherokee limited 4x4 and it is quite difficult to find a lift kit. I guess my other question is how high can I go not to void my warranty etc not really sure here. If anyone has any knowledge here I am all ears as I am totally new to all this. I can upload pics etc. Its white paint with black. Id love to get matte black rims but again any suggestions as to what lift kit/tired to get Id be super appreciative thanks!
I dont think that that cherokee has many options at all. Probably because the demand isn't there. Maybe rocky road outfitters?
Old 01-30-2018, 11:18 PM

Year: 2004
Model: Grand Cherokee (WJ)
Engine: 4.0 I6

I seriously doubt you will find ANY aftermarket lift kits for a vehicle that new. You may find someone willing to do a custom lift but it will be ungodly expensive. Probably best to wait a couple of years and see if demand picks up and prices go down. Not to mention your warranty. JMO

Maybe you could check into having the dealership do a factory lift, if that's possible.

Last edited by GUARDIAN; 01-30-2018 at 11:21 PM.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:09 AM
CF Veteran

I believe any lift kit can vold your warranty if they want to push it.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:27 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: 4.0 L6

Just installing the lift kit can't void a warranty. According to the Magnusson-Moss Act, your warranty is only void in cases where it can be proven by the manufacturer that the aftermarket part you installed caused the need for the warranty repair.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:52 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0L

Sure, let me google that for you

http://www.rocky-road.com/jeep-cherokee-lift-kit.html

Not worth it imo but to each their own.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:15 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Tbone289 View Post
Just installing the lift kit can't void a warranty. According to the Magnusson-Moss Act, your warranty is only void in cases where it can be proven by the manufacturer that the aftermarket part you installed caused the need for the warranty repair.
you'd be surprised way manufactures can get away with. I can almost guarantee the warranty will be voided if the issue is drive line, motor, suspension, etc related
Old 01-31-2018, 01:18 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Jeepin'_Aint_EZ View Post
Sure, let me google that for you

http://www.rocky-road.com/jeep-cherokee-lift-kit.html

Not worth it imo but to each their own.
damn $800 for a 1 inch lift? Holy crap. The new cherokees do have a slightly complicated suspension setup.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:18 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Martlor13 View Post
you'd be surprised way manufactures can get away with. I can almost guarantee the warranty will be voided if the issue is drive line, motor, suspension, etc related
There is a difference between: 1)not covering parts and service that are (could be) due to issues caused by aftermarket parts and 2)voiding a warranty. They would have an awfully hard time proving that a motor issue was caused by a lift, and that is legally what they would have to do if held to it.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:02 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Tbone289 View Post
There is a difference between: 1)not covering parts and service that are (could be) due to issues caused by aftermarket parts and 2)voiding a warranty. They would have an awfully hard time proving that a motor issue was caused by a lift, and that is legally what they would have to do if held to it.
but doesn't number one directly relate to number 2? Parts and service are part of warranty and if they won't cover it, it's like you essentially have no warranty than.

a friend of mine works at the local jeep dealership. Started as a mechanic and now as a salesman. He tells people looking at the wrangler that a lift potentially will void the warranty. Take that how you will, maybe he just is giving them caution idk. But when I bought my truck a few years back, everywhere I looked at told me that if I put the 4 inch lift that I planned, the warranty is void. 3 dealerships all said that. I bought one anyways but still lol. Only warranty I had was body and cosmetics related. Did the rule change? Only certain brands? I honestly don't know, but you seem to so please fill me in haha.
Old 01-31-2018, 07:18 PM
CF Veteran

Engine: I6 4.0L

damn $800 for a 1 inch lift? Holy crap. The new cherokees do have a slightly complicated suspension setup.
X2...^^ and that's assuming that you do the install yourself or you have to tack on a boatload of labor cost to it.

And honestly along with what others are saying... it may be splitting hairs, rolling of the dice, etc. as to whether or not the manufacturer and/or dealer wants to be a hard-*** about it. If there's a direct correlation to the OEM part failing and the kit being the root cause, then I could see them standing firm. If there's a gray area as to the cause (not directly pointing to the kit)... then you may get away with it.
Personally... 1" for 800, and then the install. I don't think I'd bother messing with it myself. But that's just my opinion. You may think it is for you. We're all just giving you our honest opinions here.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:42 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0L

It's just a fiat under all those jeep badges. They're not made to be lifted, period.

And I must address one other thing and that's the title on this thread. Not for nothing but there are plenty of "Help" threads created on this forum for real problems. This is not a help thread. It's more like a "do all the research for me on my new jeep" thread.

Last edited by Jeepin'_Aint_EZ; 02-01-2018 at 07:47 AM.
Old 02-01-2018, 09:51 AM
CF Veteran

Did the rule change? Only certain brands? I honestly don't know, but you seem to so please fill me in haha.
Read up on the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. Here is a good place to start: https://www.sema.org/sema-enews/2011...ermarket-parts

“Under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, the warranty cannot be conditioned to a specific brand of parts, services or vehicle modifications unless those parts or services are provided free of charge [by the OEM]”

"The dealer/vehicle manufacturer has the right to deny a warranty repair but they must demonstrate that the aftermarket part caused the problem. The warranty remains in effect for all other covered parts."

So, does a lift have the potential to lead to denial of warranty repairs? Yes. Will it void your warranty? No.

Last edited by Tbone289; 02-01-2018 at 09:56 AM.
Old 02-02-2018, 03:16 PM
CF Veteran

Engine: I6 4.0L

Originally Posted by Jeepin'_Aint_EZ View Post
It's just a fiat under all those jeep badges. They're not made to be lifted, period.

And I must address one other thing and that's the title on this thread. Not for nothing but there are plenty of "Help" threads created on this forum for real problems. This is not a help thread. It's more like a "do all the research for me on my new jeep" thread.
^^ Amen to that. Well said.
Old 02-05-2018, 01:31 PM

Year: 2016
Model: Cherokee(KL)
Engine: 3.2L

Nice to see people commenting about things they know nothing about
Lift options = 3

1. Hazard Sky, Cheap and 1.5" of lift super simple to do arounf $100 http://www.hazardsky.com/store
2. MFC Offroad 2" of lift veyr simply to install a bit pricey around $450 http://www.mfcoffroad.com/
3. Dobinson 1" lift includes all new shocks struts and springs, can also be combined with the above lifts for 3" of lift Around $800 http://www.rocky-road.com/jeep-cherokee-lift-kit.html

Sure its not as cheap as what you others guys get to lift vehicles, but its a LIFT which is the same thing all you others a chirping in about. Don't like it avoid this forum

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP!! Just bought a 2018 Cherokee Limited need suggestions!! :)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: