KL Cherokee Tech KL (14+)
2014 Cherokee Forum for all new KL and Cherokee Trailhawk discussion and tech information.

New Headlight Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2016
Model: Cherokee
Default New Headlight Help

I have a 2016 Jeep Cherokee with standard halogen headlights. I recently replaced the headlights with LEDs that I purchased from Headlight Experts. I had a hard time getting them to work correctly. I kept getting bulb out errors, so I wound up having to install resistors and now they are working fine. The problem I'm having is I can't see very far or well with them. I just took a couple of pictures of the beam pattern from 25'. Keep in mind that my driveway has a down slope so the beams are likely a little higher than they would be on a flat surface. The patterns are clearly off. I installed the headlights with the LED bulbs facing up/down. I'm not seeing the up/down bulb output on the passenger side, so I'm wondering if maybe that side turned when I put the cap back on. Any thoughts on why I'm not seeing very well with them or which direction they should be adjusted? Thanks!

Old 01-13-2019, 07:52 PM

Received 140 Likes on 114 Posts
Year: 1992
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0

I don't think that the headlight capsules are really designed for led lights. Granted, the cherokee headlights leave a lot to be desired from the factory. My advice, see how a set of upgraded halogen bulbs would work.