KL Cherokee Tech KL (14+)
2014 Cherokee Forum for all new KL and Cherokee Trailhawk discussion and tech information.

Jeep Cherokee KL Issues , Complaints & Case Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2014
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 2.4 Tiger Shark
Default Jeep Cherokee KL Issues , Complaints & Case Numbers

If were going to do it, i guess we do it right. here is the most recent case number pertaining to my 2.4 KL.

Case #: 25357229
Old 08-18-2014, 06:58 PM

Default Stand together KL owners..

So i was informed by the gentleman at Chrysler that what is happening to my KL has went above and beyond his pay grade,
My TOW bill should be re funded by the end of this week.

As a Jeeper im very upset.. given that My 96 XJ only needed regular stuff done to it.. it had been in several different parts of the world jeeping.. Germany, France, Holland, Czech Republic.. and state side.. random locations..
My 08 JK.. no issues..
brand new out the box KL... Electronics failures one after another pertaining to shifting, and flat out going off the deep end.. and hoarking oil out everywhere..

I have been trolling around other forums, and seen that their are many KLs having the same issues.. we all know that not everyone that owns a jeep gets online reading and posting to forums, so im wondering how many are having the same issues?
Old 08-28-2014, 11:39 AM

Default If you have an issue use the NHTSA website

This would be the official site to use in the link below, please do not use this thread, it will get you nowhere.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchSafetyIssues
Old 08-28-2014, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Decemberist
This would be the official site to use in the link below, please do not use this thread, it will get you nowhere.

thanks,
i take it you had a hard time dealing with everyone also?
Old 10-10-2014, 07:26 AM

Year: 2015

Two day after bringing our '15 Trail Hawk home I noticed a bad trany fluid leak. The cooler was cracked, and there is no dipstick to check your oil!
A week after that we heard a rattle and a small clunk while driving home. One of the frame bolts (that holds the sub frame to chassis behind the front wheels) fell out!
Both issues were resolved quickly by the dealer.

Last edited by Ratchetstrap; 02-22-2015 at 09:25 AM.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by Decemberist

the thread is just for us all to share info man. about glitches and issues.. and if their is a common problem we have a reference, if the same issues keep coming up, that can lead to a recall..
Old 01-28-2015, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by xjforlife
im an xj fan just poking around but my biggest argument with the new Cherokee is that it isn't available with a manual transmission if it was then most of these problems wouldn't exist jeep should put a real transmission in it for real drivers
cant stand a strait shift...
Old 02-22-2015, 09:24 AM

Year: 2015

So more issues with my trail hawk.....

-The voice control system kind of works for radio and basic controls but not for texting. Ive tried everything and still wont work.

-The side windows fog up pretty good in cold temperatures (20 degrees below freezing) and it takes a lot for them to clear up.

-I dont know if there is just more gravel on the road this winter or if my windshield just attracts more rocks, but I've got about 12 chips (8 really bad).\

Still love it thought!
Old 02-25-2015, 12:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Engine: 3.2-liter V-6

I haven't tried the texting feature.

My issues have remained ridiculously nitpicky, but since you brought it up...

- It drives me nuts that the seat belt insert keeps getting caught between the door and the side of the seat when I close the door on getting in. I'm still trying to figure out how to prevent it.

- The uConnect SiriusXM receiver tends to go glitchy once a month or so, where I lose my settings and it defaults to FM radio at a really loud volume. Ten seconds later, it all comes back but I can't figure out what triggers this.

- I really wish there was a way to turn off the 'ding!' on the sports favorite setting on uConnect. I was able to do it on the Favorites for radio, but not for sports. It can get really annoying since it dings a lot with a score update.

- The "favorite artist on air" or "favorite song on air" no longer alerts me at all, ding or no ding. Not sure what the point of that is any more.

I warned you this was nitpicky. Other than that, have really been appreciating the Trailhawk this winter. What a great machine.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by Watchful
I haven't tried the texting feature.

My issues have remained ridiculously nitpicky, but since you brought it up...

- It drives me nuts that the seat belt insert keeps getting caught between the door and the side of the seat when I close the door on getting in. I'm still trying to figure out how to prevent it.

- The uConnect SiriusXM receiver tends to go glitchy once a month or so, where I lose my settings and it defaults to FM radio at a really loud volume. Ten seconds later, it all comes back but I can't figure out what triggers this.

- I really wish there was a way to turn off the 'ding!' on the sports favorite setting on uConnect. I was able to do it on the Favorites for radio, but not for sports. It can get really annoying since it dings a lot with a score update.

- The "favorite artist on air" or "favorite song on air" no longer alerts me at all, ding or no ding. Not sure what the point of that is any more.

I warned you this was nitpicky. Other than that, have really been appreciating the Trailhawk this winter. What a great machine.
i hate that ding thing too... your not alone,
and you should try launching in sports mode in the snow, lol... just for fun.. ive made some people jealous with the lil hawk, the way this lil beast just digs in and goes in the snow is great! id pull a fuse on the dinger if i wasnt scared the whole vehicle wouldnt go nuts...