KL Cherokee Tech KL (14+)
2014 Cherokee Forum for all new KL and Cherokee Trailhawk discussion and tech information.

First Jeep and First Post

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2017
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 6 cyl
Default First Jeep and First Post

I just bought a Cherokee Tailhawk to tow behind a motorhome. I will pick it up next week.

The salesman mentioned an extended service warranty for $1800.

I have always had Subaru's and the warranty price was negotiable. Will different dealers offer better prices on the extended warranty? If so, are there any suggestions where I could look?

I am looking forward to a new brand, new things and reading the forum.

Phil

Last edited by aa9zz; 05-23-2017 at 06:48 PM. Reason: correcgt spelling
Old 05-23-2017, 07:53 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0L Inline 6

Warranties will vary in price from dealer to dealer – different coverage amounts and different lengths of time; some lifetime and some up to a certain mileage. We can't really do your homework for you, you'll have to shop around in your area to see what's available. Congratulations and welcome to the Jeep family.
Old 05-29-2017, 11:23 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Year: 2002
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L (AMC) Straight Six

Depends on what extended warranty the dealer's trying to sell you. Last October, we got a 2014 Grand Cherokee from a NON-Jeep dealer (but they ARE connected to a Jeep dealer), and they wanted to sell us a third-party (NON-Chrysler) extended warranty that had some loopholes in what it covered. If they're trying to push it on you by saying you can't add it after the fact, then it's DEFINITELY not worth it, and just pushy sales tactics. I'd go with the Chrysler one if you bought from a Jeep dealer.
Old 07-01-2017, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK so I have a question along the same lines. Just purchased a new 2017 Grand Cherokee Limited. The dealer is trying to sell me the MasterTech Vehicle Protection Program extended warranty. What does anyone think? I am excited about the new purchase we are buying it to tow a small Airstream Base Camp Trailer. The Jeep Dealership offers a life time powertrain warranty as long as we own the Jeep.

Any thoughts on the MasterTech Protection Program.

Thanks John