KL Cherokee Tech KL (14+)
2014 Cherokee Forum for all new KL and Cherokee Trailhawk discussion and tech information.

2014 - Replace Shifter

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee(SJ)
Default 2014 - Replace Shifter

Hello,
My name is Mike, but go by Sully on every forum I'm on. I live in the Columbus, Ohio area. I am new to the forum, obviously, but have been browsing occasionally over the past few weeks. Figured it was time to join, as I am going to have to learn how to fix things on my own on this Jeep. I have a 2014 Cherokee Limited that my wife drives. A few weeks ago, she spilled coffee in the car. It ran down the shifter area and shorted out part of the circuit board that is part of the shifter assembly. We took it into the dealership to double-check, and sure enough, the shifter assembly needs to be replaced. They want almost $800 to replace it, parts & labor. I'm assuming more than half of that amount is labor. I can't spend that kind of money. The part is on back order and will take several weeks to get in. I know how to remove the shifter **** and lift up the cover around it, but not sure how to completely remove that cover. Does anyone have any step-by-step on replacing the shifter assembly. I have worked on a lot of vehicles over my many years, but just need a bit of direction on replacing the shifter so that I don't break something and make matters worse. Can anyone help with this? Thanks!!