Second Jeep, First XJ

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 08:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Model: Cherokee
Default Second Jeep, First XJ

Morning, All!

I've been chatting in the OEM forum for a few days, now, and have already received excellent info from your members. Had a '13 JKU Sahara up until about a month ago, then traded it for something a little more family-friendly. The best part? Dumping the Sahara meant that in addition to the family car, I could finally get what I wanted in the first place: an XJ!

I told my wife when we bought the Sahara that all I really wanted was an XJ, but at the time I was driving a broken-down early-oughts car, and she made a pretty cogent argument for getting something new and problem-free. The Sahara was the compromise, and, well...I more or less hated it the whole time. It was fine, I guess, but that 3.6 isn't all that strong, I had a couple of small engine quirks REALLY early in that thing's life, and frankly, for all its outdoor pedigree, it really wasn't that practical as a canoe/bike/ski-hauling vessel - at least not without expensive add-ons.

But none of that matters now, because I finally have the rig I wanted all along. This is my '00 Cherokee Classic:

Like most XJ owners I'm already chasing a couple leaks, but (barring surprises) I'm getting those fixed today, and I really couldn't be happier with my rig. Looking forward to chatting with you guys a lot more down the road.