Old jeeper returns

Old 11-14-2018, 10:03 PM

Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Default Old jeeper returns

I used to have a 1989 4x4 Jeep Cherokee Laredo and loved it , eventually switched to Nissan Titan and Frontier and now have 2 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 one is a 96 sport and the other is a 01 Grand that need some work and going to look at one tomorrow that is still in good shape and running garage kept. My reason for switching is they are the only things out there that I can work on these new ones it is virtually impossible to fix yourself. Any way I know a lot of folks here are already way ahead of the power curve on this . Any Info advice or ideas about what parts you would use to rebuild one for your self would be greatly appreciated since many of you have already done this and hindsight is 20/20. My son is a Machinist and he will be helping me and I am a pretty good shade tree mechanic myself even though now I have a barn with concrete floor LOL. I know the first thing I am ordering is those larger after market radiators I believe they are all Aluminum. Looking forward to hearing from ya'll. S/FI!
Old 11-14-2018, 10:05 PM

Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0

Welcome back TENNGRIZZ !
Old 11-14-2018, 10:16 PM

Don't get me wrong I LOVE my Nissans 94 Frontier and 04 Titan Both 4x4 and still running and will drive them to the wheels fall off , I am primarily building mine for hunting rigs , I figure if I rebuild 3 - 4 of them that should be enough to last me the rest of my life I am Retired too by the way. LOL