Old Jeeper...New to Cherokee

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 06:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Old Jeeper...New to Cherokee

I had a CJ-5 back in the 70's and 80's. Had a midlife crisis and traded it for a British Sports Car and lived the Convertible life.

Fast forward I'm now having senior life crisis. Sold my last convertible and bought a '90 Cerokee.

Straight body no rust. Engine(4.0) and transmission (auto) sound and run great. Very small oil leak looks like it's coming from the oil pan gasket. Interior above average for the age. Looks she just needs tires and TLC

This time around I'm not planning on serious off-roading. I've lived in Denver all my life, but I'm moving to Coastal Georgia next fall. I'm a 100% Disabled old Marine Sgt. Vietnam Veteran. I've adapted to my physical injuries and had a great life. Now I'm fighting Agent Orange My latest issue is Parknsons Disease. We're headed to warmer weather no snow and ice to deal with.

I plant to revisit some old mining and logging roads while I'm still able and before I move.

The oil spots on the driveway are from the previous convertible, not the Cherokee

Old 09-07-2017, 06:28 PM

Received 238 Likes on 138 Posts
Year: 1989
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0 L

Welcome Don. I've had similar cars. I had a '69 CJ5 in the early '70s followed by numerous British sports cars, mainly MGA's & B's. In 1990 I bought a new '90 Cherokee Laredo just like yours but black with a red interior. You're going to like that Jeep! Enjoy the mining and logging roads.