Newbie from Alberta, Canada

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie from Alberta, Canada

Hey everyone, Owen here. New to the jeep community and excited to get started on a couple builds! First up, I picked up a 2000 Cherokee Sport 4 door. Needs a front diff. seal and new rear leaf springs cause it has the typical sag. This Jeep will be for my fiancée. Looking to just get it straight and tip top. Looking at things like ZJ seats, slightly bigger tires and anything that may be helpful for her. So let me know what you guys think are some good mods etc... Thanks!!

P.S. I'll be picking up a 2 door sport 5 speed after I finish this Jeep.
Old 11-16-2015, 12:25 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 99
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by owenfwgkta
Hey everyone, Owen here. New to the jeep community and excited to get started on a couple builds! First up, I picked up a 2000 Cherokee Sport 4 door. Needs a front diff. seal and new rear leaf springs cause it has the typical sag. This Jeep will be for my fiancée. Looking to just get it straight and tip top. Looking at things like ZJ seats, slightly bigger tires and anything that may be helpful for her. So let me know what you guys think are some good mods etc... Thanks!!

P.S. I'll be picking up a 2 door sport 5 speed after I finish this Jeep.
Welcome to the addiction man! Best bet is a full tune up. The less you know of the jeep, the more you should do. Coolant good? There biggest complaint is generally ride quality. the more parallel you can make suspension and steering components, the better it will ride. That and about 400 dollars in shocks..
Old 11-16-2015, 01:05 PM

Yeah for sure, the previous owner did a lot of work to is before selling so its just minor stuff like spark plugs, power steering flush kind of crap left. And for suspension, I was thinking of the 2Inch BDS lift to fit a decent tire, comes with add-a-leafs and shocks. Cost is like $480 or something so I figure that kills two birds with one stone, shocks, leafs and able to fit a better tire without spending more cash on a big lift my fiancée does not need. Getting everything priced out this week.
Old 11-16-2015, 02:30 PM
CF Veteran

Yeah for sure, the previous owner did a lot of work to is before selling so its just minor stuff like spark plugs, power steering flush kind of crap left. And for suspension, I was thinking of the 2Inch BDS lift to fit a decent tire, comes with add-a-leafs and shocks. Cost is like $480 or something so I figure that kills two birds with one stone, shocks, leafs and able to fit a better tire without spending more cash on a big lift my fiancée does not need. Getting everything priced out this week.
Glad to hear it was well maintained. If your thinking of going the AAL route, make sure you do your homework. I think you'll find a general consensus about them.
Old 11-16-2015, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by VTJeep
Glad to hear it was well maintained. If your thinking of going the AAL route, make sure you do your homework. I think you'll find a general consensus about them.
What do you mean? Like what it affects? It seems like some people have issues with it being to stiff or still sagging too much. I guess I'll look into what will suit my needs!
Old 11-16-2015, 05:56 PM
CF Veteran

What do you mean? Like what it affects? It seems like some people have issues with it being to stiff or still sagging too much. I guess I'll look into what will suit my needs!
The biggest issue is trying to correct a worn out leaf pack with one little helper leaf. Generally the existing leaves have lost arch and have developed a sloppy ride as a result. By adding one little leaf you are trying to force the leafs back. They don't wanna go back. The ride quality will generally not be improved with an AAL and some argue it gets worse. The OEM leaf packs aren't worth the money, they sag quick. Many people will do a modded version of the AAL called a bastard pack. Food for thought..
Old 11-17-2015, 02:04 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1997
Engine: 2.5 td

Welcome from England Owen.
Old 11-22-2015, 01:51 PM

Year: 2020

Welcome