New in TX

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Engine: 318
Default New in TX

Am I kidding myself? I've been here for ten years. In Texas that is. Have not yet owned a Jeep and to be honest I would probably pick a 5.9 Limited ZJ over any XJ. But to each his own, right?

I hate to be all disgustingly commercial but I'm here to find two programmable ECU's for a guy I work for from time to time. This appears to be the biggest XJ-specific board on the web. I've exhausted my usual resources and came here to see if anyone has what I need. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong type of vehicle to find this specific computer.

The part numbers I'm looking for seem to be very restricted. A lot of times I look for BMW engine computers for this guy and I can find them in more than just the model he wants. Example, he always wants these Siemens MS43 computers from a 2002 325i. But the same computer was offered from 2001-2004 in that model and a few more years in the 525i, as well as some X5's and Z3's. So I have options with that.

These computers I don't. Seem to only have been on 1998 models, 4.0L, manual transmission. Here's the part numbers I'm looking for:

P56041531AE
P56041532AC
P56041532AD

He's more than doubled his budget for these things. I bet he knows they're a PITA to find. If anyone reads this in the next day or so and has any ideas for finding these part numbers, please reply here or send me a PM or something. I'll continue to check in the classifieds to see if any '98 4.0/stick XJ's get parted (besides the one I already replied to) and will continue from there. If I can't find these and get them to him by Monday he'll probably give me a couple more days. This is the first time I've had this much trouble finding engine computers. I even found him '70s Porsche stuff and first year (1994) Kia stuff!