New from SE Texas Cherokee Classic owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2017, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default New from SE Texas Cherokee Classic owner

Hello, my name is Foggy. I am not sure where to navigate on this forum yet. I own a 97 Jeep Cherokee Country 4.0 and have been able to keep it running like new until recently.
I have changed out plugs, wires, distributor, oil pressure sensor.
The problem started two days ago. Check gauges light came on and oil pressure gauge was bottomed out. Was driving home from Houston and came to a stop light. All stop. No chugging, no hesitation, the vehicle just shut off. Couldn't even turn hazards on. Was able to get a jump and it did it again after a few blocks. Same guy jumped it and left it running for a few minutes to charge. After that, was able to get where I was going with no problem and the computer didn't shut anything off. Took it to O'Reilly and no fault codes, no not ready, battery checked out. Oil gauge is still off, light is still on. Starts fine, idles fine. Afraid to take it anywhere because the problem is so unpredictable and wanted to get some input before I start throwing nickles and dimes into it. The vehicle is NOT overheating. Coolant temp is steady and normal. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Foggy McCorrigan; 06-03-2017 at 11:34 AM. Reason: added dialogue and spell check