Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default New member

Hi there,

Being an new member, let me briefly introduce myself. I live in The Netherlands, I'm 54 years old and I have always been deeply interested in cars.

So far I have never owned a 4x4, but during the last few years I have developed an interest in these vehicles. My plans are to buy one for holiday travels, with the added benefit that it makes lugging stuff and pulling a trailer that much easier. As regards my planned travels, I intend to use it for light offroading only, so I'm looking for a stock 4x4 which works well on paved roads as well.

Although in this day and age the XJ is not a very comfortable vehicle, it's one of the cars I am looking at. The combination of a great design, reliability and relative affordability makes it attractive

Regards,
Frans
Old 12-11-2016, 09:09 AM

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4L

Welcome. I find my xj limited a very comfortable vehicle for long trips. I think it is all in your set-up.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee

Thanks Don.

I did a test drive yesterday, and found the ride rather choppy. For a 6-cilinder the engine seems quite loud too. But you are right, it depends on what you compare it with.

Anyway, I'm sure I could get used to it.