New Here!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 12:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Exclamation New Here!

I currently own a 2007 Buick Lucerne and a 2000 Zr2 Blazer. Winter is quickly approaching and although I have my Blazer, it currently doesn't run and is going to take more time than I have to fix it. I've been looking into Jeeps and I've realized I like the XJs. I like that I can learn a lot about them on this forum since I know next to nothing about them. My biggest question is, are they good in snow? I have the effects of the Great Lakes so snow is no stranger. I want something I can use everyday but also go off-roading if I want to (with some upgrades). From what I've heard, they're good for being diverse in that aspect I just haven't heard much about people saying how they handle in the snow. Any input will be greatly appreciated!
Old 11-13-2018, 05:40 AM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0

Welcome to the Forum creepersjeepers!

A lot is going to depend on the jeep as with any other car/truck as long as you have the correct tires on it and drive for the conditions yes the jeep will be a good choice.
Old 11-13-2018, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for answering my question! I know some vehicles do HORRIBLE in snow (like my car) but others do really awesome. With it being between a car and a full sized SUV, I just didn't know if the weight affected it much making it be bad in the snow. I know some jeeps (regardless of the tires) are just known for not being good in bad weather so I questioned how it would handle