New guy here

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 08:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default New guy here

Hey guys and gals. New to the xj world but long time wheeler. I pucked up a 98 4door sport over the winter. 5in skyjacker short arm lift with full lift leafs amd 32x11.5 mul terrain m/ts..... Loving the jeep life so far and glad i switched.
One thing that is making me pull my hair out is we took it out for the second time on the trails 2 weeks ago to do some scouting on some public land our club sponsors.
Lot of trail riding and some mud slinging with no issues.
Once we were headed out i hit 1 final hole a little hot and the jeep died.
Figured water in the cap or wet coil.....all bone dry...air box bone dry.....we looked at everything we could see for about 5min and found nothing. Hit the key again and it fired up....... Pressure washed it at work at then went to start and it repeated the mud hole issue.

Any clues as to what i need to look for next? Kinda stuttered like no fuel or wet dizzy if that helps....
Old 05-20-2017, 08:48 AM
Caracticus Potts The Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Model: Grand Cherokee

Welcome to CF

I am sure that someone who has also powerwashed their engine will chime in soon on what could be the cause of your self inflicted no start
Old 05-20-2017, 09:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee

The pressure wash was the 2nd time......it died in the middle of a mud hole.
When i washed her down i drenched the bottom but stood back and just rinsed the the engine off