New to the forum

Old 03-22-2017, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default New to the forum

Hello CherokeeForum folks!

I am new here and basically joined to get knowledge about the Cherokee's and to maybe buy one too. I am a current 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon owner in Tank Green with minor mods.

I want a cheaper, capable, off road machine that I won't be disappointed if I beat up.

Any info on the best year of Cherokee to get would be appreciated. Otherwise, I will be seeking the answers on here myself.

I am thinking about a 2 door Cherokee as well. Thoughts anyone?

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-28-2017, 07:49 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 Litre I6

Originally Posted by emgee00
Hello CherokeeForum folks!

I am new here and basically joined to get knowledge about the Cherokee's and to maybe buy one too. I am a current 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon owner in Tank Green with minor mods.

I want a cheaper, capable, off road machine that I won't be disappointed if I beat up.

Any info on the best year of Cherokee to get would be appreciated. Otherwise, I will be seeking the answers on here myself.

I am thinking about a 2 door Cherokee as well. Thoughts anyone?

Thanks in advance!
2-door and manual transmission XJs will have a "rarity tax". Since they are hard to come by, expect to pay a premium.

best years are considered to be 96, 98, 99.

Food for thought, 00-01 XJ have a factory defect that causes the cylinder head to crack. I have an 01 myself, check out my signature to see it in my build thread. Just be aware of this when looking at those model years.

Anyhoo, welcome and stick around.