Hi from NZ.

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi from NZ.

Hi all. I am on the Admin team for another one of Andy R's sites, crusiersforum.com
I have been a very keen 4WD'er for many years, but sold my 4WD about two years ago. It was a Nissan Safari. Missed 4wd heaps, so just bought an XJ Cherokee. I do hope I did the right thing. It is very different from the "built like an tank, but drives like one too" Nissan.
I have put the XJ through a few paces down at our nearby river. First thing I discovered was the stupid place the airintake was situated. Locked the motor solid. I removed the plugs, turned the engine over, had water squirting every where, put the plugs back in and after a bit of turning over, she started up. Having thought I had probably done a bit of damage, I was pleasantly surprised it ran OK. Off to buy a snorkel.
Had that shrill sounding Alarm go off continuosely today and am investigating what is wrong. Hence me comeing here to the Forum. I see that a bulb could cause the problem. In the mean time, I have disconnected the alarm. It was driving me nuts.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:02 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Model: Cherokee

why not just get rid of the alarm all together? especially if you are going to be wheeling it you might want to just get rid of it because the alarms really dont like it when they get wet.

-Kyle
Old 02-01-2008, 05:28 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1995 Jeep
Engine: 4.0l High output

Welcome
Old 02-04-2008, 02:44 AM

Thanks.
Yep the alarm went over the left shoulder ;-)
Old 02-04-2008, 09:34 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

glad to hear it

-Kyle