Hi New member from North Carolina in need of some help on towing capacity

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Hi New member from North Carolina in need of some help on towing capacity

Hi

I am a new member and I am looking to find out some information about a 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4WD Summit that I am thinking about purchasing.

VIN: 1C4RJFJGXGC319806

I checked the VIN using your tool on the site, but I am still confused. Although it says it has a class 4 hitch I can't find if it has the additional cooling needed included from the factory. I have the original window sticker and it does not mention tow package or additional cooling.

Looking at the VIN Number description it doesn’t really mention that this vehicle has the necessary equipment.

It has a hitch on the back, it looks factory installed, but I need to be absolutely sure that it has all the factory installed components for towing. It only has 12,000 miles on it so I do not want to void the warranty if I decide to purchase it. I think I read somewhere if it only has the hitch it will only tow 3,000 lbs instead of around 6,000 lbs.

The Summit is in very nice condition but I am looking to get it because I need a tow vehicle to tow a small Airstream Trailer, 3500 pounds and I just want to give myself some extra capacity. I am in North Carolina so I will be towing in some hills and easy coast mountains.

Thanks and I apologize if I should have posted this somewhere else.

John