Hi, My Name Is

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Hi, My Name Is

Hello, my name is Tim and I am glad to be here on the Cherokee Forums. I own a 93 XJ that is currently not in running order. I joined to gather the information and advise I would need to get my Jeep back on the road. I'll post more about that later but I figured introduce myself and read the stickies first.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:55 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 99
Engine: 4.0

Hey Tim! Get that beast running and post some pics! And thanks for reading the stickies!
Old 11-22-2012, 06:14 PM

No problem! That is my plan for sure! It's a white 93 xj and its in really good shape in and out. My friends parents bought it for him a few years back and on a road trip a hose came off, the car overheated quite a bit and broke down. A shop in Florida where it broke (we reside in Illinois) said it was the head gasket and that he were looking at a $2000 repair bill. His parents declined and the shop offered them $350 scrap for it. I offered them the same and then it was mine, haha. I put another $500 into having it shipped to me and it has sat ever since. Well I finally in a place where I can begin to put effort, time and money into this thing and get it running. The vehicle used to still start and run but would spew white smoke out the back, and overheat in about 5 minutes or 2 miles, whichever came first. I believe the head, the bottom end or perhaps if I am lucky just the head gasket is shot. It doesn't matter much to me though as I want to swap a LS1 engine and manual T56 transmission into it. And now I just need someone to point me in a direction so I may begin my research.

Also I will be rebuilding/building up the 4.0 when it comes out of the jeep just for the experience. This will be my first project of this caliber. Most all of my work is limited to driveway mechanics and simple repairs. But I have confidence with a lot of research and trial and error I will do fine.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:34 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 2004
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.7L V8

Hey Tim, Welcome to CF.