Hello from Maryland

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee(SJ)
Default Hello from Maryland

Hi everyone,

My name is Mauricio and this is my second post on this forum. I picked up a 2001 Jeep Cherokee Classic with 69k miles on the clock. I bought it with a salavaged title in PA since it was in a minor front end collision, and towed it home. It is in really good shape which is why I couldn't let this awesome vehicle die. This is my first Jeep (I'm a sports car nut) and thanks to my wife who owns a new Grand Cherokee Overland I started to look at the Jeep brand.

i got to say that I'm impressed and in love with both Jeeps, but my Cherokee project has been a ton of fun. With the help of this forum and others I have been rebuilding the Cherokee back to life. So far I have changed all of the seals in the engine (while the motor was apart I took the liberty of removing any rusted parts and either replaced or repainted them), new steering damper, Moog sway bar bushings, radiator, AC condenser, and cleaned up the engine bay.

I have ordered new parts that should arrive next week:
- JCR front uni-body tie in kit
- drive and passenger airbags
- airbag clock spring
- stock front bumper kit

That's all for now and I just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks to everyone for all of the knowledge that has helped this project become a success story.

Mauricio

My 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland towing my new 2001 Jeep Cherokee Classic.

​​​​​​​
Old 10-15-2017, 06:52 PM
CF Veteran

Received 626 Likes on 467 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: 4.0L
Thumbs up

Welcome from PA!

not a bad start at all. I just hope you dont have any trouble getting the title reconstructed. I have no idea how it works in MD.

have any major plans for it?
Old 10-15-2017, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by TrailerTrash
Welcome from PA!

not a bad start at all. I just hope you dont have any trouble getting the title reconstructed. I have no idea how it works in MD.

have any major plans for it?
Thanks Trailer! I researched the title process first before I jumped off the cliff and it seems pretty straightforward. I have to first pass an inspection that is done by MD State Troopers (mainly to see if the VIN numbers match and that the car wasn't stolen). Then I will go and get a regular state inspection to get my tags.

I don't have any major plans yet, specially since there are so many options for these bad boys. I will keep posting updates as I make changes to it. My original idea was to keep it stock and use it as my daily, but now that I have done some Googling I want a lot more out of it
Old 10-15-2017, 09:53 PM

Model: Cherokee

Welcome!!! Man that's a clean xj! I had a 2013 wk2 with the 5.7 awsome jeep! Wife is still driving her 2011 grand they are great vehicles and RRO makes some cool stuff for them. Please post pics of your JRC thinking about it myself!
Old 10-16-2017, 09:36 AM
CF Veteran

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Welcome!
Old 10-16-2017, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Nissantech
Welcome!!! Man that's a clean xj! I had a 2013 wk2 with the 5.7 awsome jeep! Wife is still driving her 2011 grand they are great vehicles and RRO makes some cool stuff for them. Please post pics of your JRC thinking about it myself!
thanks!! That's is one of the main reasons why I bought the rig. It is super clean and it has a ton of potential. I definitely will post pictures once I receive them. I looked at various options and the JCR kit looked like the best option for me. The front passenger side bumper location took most of the damage and I was able to straighten out quite a bit. I just wanted enough space to put a brace to strengthen the front. Once I get it on the road I am going to drop it off at a body shop to do a sanity check.

Last edited by 01blackm3; 10-16-2017 at 10:23 AM.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by XJwonders
Welcome!
Thanks XJ Wonders