Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 liter
Default Hello from Livermore CA

Hey all,

NFG here -new to this forum, new to Jeeps, not so new to the whole turning wrenches deal. I recently purchased myself a 1998 Cherokee Classic to use as a daily driver/weekend toy after purchasing a 1997 Cherokee Country for my sister (whole family is in Monroe Michigan, famous for the shock absorber and RUST!). After driving the Jeep I bought for my sis, I really took a liking to, well everything the Cherokee has to offer!

Seeing as I had sold my old rig some time ago since it no longer fit the needs of a growing family (lifted 1986 ford ranger XLT extra cab 4x4) I had an excuse to purchase a more family friendly replacement. I came across a moss green pearl coat Cherokee on the local craigslist for a good price. It's a 2nd owner truck that was VERY well maintained until the stuck thermostat and subsequent blown head gasket. I took the spousal unit and child unit along to inspect (she thinks it's a puuurty color!) and approve then purchased and towed it home.

I will be pulling to head to have it re-surfaced/re-built as needed, then give it a port/bowl clean up before re-installing with the 1999 up intake and injectors I recently purchased to compliment the ported factory throttle body! This will be followed by a 2 1/2" cat back exhaust (brand yet to be determined) all in an effort to increase the fuel efficiency as well as the fun factor.

I've been lurking around for a week or two now and finally decided to join based on the tech articles, hospitality and camaraderie - this is a really great site and I look forward to listening and learning more a bout these Jeeps.

Later,
Pete
Old 07-29-2009, 10:50 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 2004
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.7L V8

Old 07-29-2009, 10:52 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Grand Cherokee