Hello

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 12:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: I-6
Default Hello

Hello everyone, I'm a new Cherokee owner as of yesterday. Purchased a 1999 Cherokee Sport for $450 that's going to be a challenge. But I like challenge's and it was purchased for a winter driver/commuter. I have three months to get thing inspected and tagged, unless it snows sooner than I'm F'd.
Only mods that are planed is a 2" lift, slightly bigger tires, maybe posie diff' and intake and exhuast. The interior is trashed so it's getting replaced also.

The body has 277k on it and the motor supposedly has 160k. It starts and runs/drives with no issues as of now. Trans and transfer case work. Previous owner said it had "death wobble " but when I crawled underneath I found this.

I haven't had a chance to really get into it and see how bad this is FUBAR'D but the power steering still works and I don't know why they welded that plate to the frame. The other plate that's snapped in half will have to be sourced or fabricated. Would like to keep the factory setup if possible. I can fabricate damn near anything I need so this will be interesting. Thoughts?