Hello!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 5.2
Default Hello!

Oh dear God I've gone and done it! I made a CF account...

For those of you who don't know me, I am Xpress (well no **** right?). I come to this forum from the vast and the (not so) great JeepForum and Wrangler Forums alike. I have wandered on over here because I have decided that having a Wrangler is no longer capable of depleting my wallet fast enough, SO I went out and got a Grand Cherokee.

Actually I bought the ZJ (1996 5.2L) to pillage for my Wrangler as the almighty 2.5L called it quits on me some time ago. Poor Jeep. Picked this beast up for a steal ($800 cash) and there honestly wasn't a lot wrong with it aside from the VIC being toast and it needing 4 new tires. This ZJ is unfortunately going to be on the chopping block soon enough, but I figured since I have I'll play with it some. I will find a 5.9L in the future to build upon.

Back to the obligatory introductory post, and as such, I feel this necessitates my grand opening photo.

Yes that is a stock GC. Yes it broke. And yes I regret it, BUT my regret is worth the priceless look on everybody's faces when I show them this.

Had to limp it home like this as well, the D30 axle tube just snapped and the shaft bent. It also bent my wheel upon landing and blew the tire out. Currently driving it around without the front DS and a junkyard D30.

So hello!

Last edited by Xpress; 05-24-2014 at 08:51 PM.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:16 AM
CF Veteran

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Hey there, welcome to the forum
Old 05-29-2014, 12:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a jump even Bo and Luke Duke would be proud of....lol...Welcome to the site.

Tony