Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 10:19 PM
MFB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 5.2
Default 96 Grand Cherokee low idle/stalling

My 96 Grand Cherokee is progressively has gotten worse...use to stall out on occasion(started happening about 5 months ago) now it seems to be always...it does always fire back up a few times lately it needs to crank a little more...Have not experienced the back firing like I've seen people mention on other threads, have had the fuel gauge act weird and loose electrical for a brief second, every so often...I can hear the fuel pump priming...Tried the VooDoo magic of the screws on the PCM(but the PCM that is/was on did not have any screws under the 3 wire harnesses has 4 on engine facing side and 4 more on the firewall side, I loosened them all off and put washers on and re-seated, I've replaced the cap and rotor, fuel filter, Catalytic Converter, both O2 sensors, TPS(throttle Position Sensor) muffler.. today I replaced the PCM(from a wrecked 97)had the dealer flash it($160 they installed it too), and it still stalled 300' from the shop as I headed home, so when I got home I took the IAC(idle air control valve) off cleaned it...my idle in Park is stronger then it has ever been about 700-750, but when in any gear (R D 2 1) the RPM's are very low like 200-250 putter outs almost...I can keep it running if I keep on the gas a bit, and at a point it'll stay running on it's own but it sounds like it's fighting to do so...
What more can I do with out going broke or insane?