2017 Cheroke

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 05:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default 2017 Cheroke

My son bought a new Cherokee, and two days later hauled me over to the dealership. Figured the worst they could say was NO.
Did all the paperwork, sat around, and the salesman came back and asked if I wanted to drive it home that evening.
Now there are two almost identical Cherokee's in the driveway. It is the first brand new car I have ever owned. Being old and disabled, it has been hard to find a car that I can in and out of without problems. I fit nicely in my Jeep.
Wrung it out on the test drive to check handling, and the salesman said he had fun, the most people just baby the cars. Not me.
Happy Camper.
Old 07-27-2017, 01:35 PM
CF Veteran

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0

Welcome to the forum. You'll find most posts here relate to the classic XJ series Cherokee, but there is a forum for the KL here:

https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f87/
Old 09-22-2017, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After two long trips in the Cherokee, I have parked and gone back to my 98 Buick Park Avenue. The Jeep was not a good fit for me, and now I am stuck with it. I could sell it back to the dealership, but I would really take a bath if I did.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:12 AM
CF Veteran

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
Year: 1999

Welcome
Old 10-05-2017, 11:15 PM
No, I don't lick fish.

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee (XJ)

Originally Posted by chfnelson
After two long trips in the Cherokee, I have parked and gone back to my 98 Buick Park Avenue. The Jeep was not a good fit for me, and now I am stuck with it. I could sell it back to the dealership, but I would really take a bath if I did.
Man, I'm sorry to hear that... especially since you seemed so excited about it with your first post!

I can definitely say though, after taking long trips in both my XJ, my WJ, and my Chrysler(s), the Jeeps just don't hold a candle to luxury cars when it comes to someone with back, hip, or other joint problems on long trips. I can't speak for the 2010+ Grand Cherokees, but I know the leg room wasn't up to snuff in the WJ and the driver's seat in the XJ felt like a torture chair after a 2 hour drive to Jacksonville.

We had a 99 Buick Century, an 06 Chrysler Town and Country, and now have a '00 Chrysler 300m and I've driven to Kentucky and back in all but the 300m.... would take a long trip in those ANY DAY over a Jeep lol... I love my Jeep but man it sure doesn't love my back!