Vehicles Post any vehicles you wish to sell.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[MidAtl]: FS: 1998 Honda VFR800 Interceptor (Motorcycle)

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998 Limited 5.9L
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 5.9L
Arrow FS: 1998 Honda VFR800 Interceptor (Motorcycle)

Name: Rick R
Contact Info: PM or reply here

Year: 1998
Make: Honda
Model: VFR800 Interceptor
Color: Red
Mileage: 33,000
Transmission: Manual

Price: 3250

Description: I'm looking to sell or trade my 1998 Honda VFR800 Interceptor. I'm looking to trade it for a Honda car - MUST be an HB VX, HF, HX or other very high efficiency model (50 MPG highway or better). Must also have air conditioning that works and the car must be in good condition, aka something I can start commuting with now! I'll also sell the bike for cash

My VFR has a gear-driven cam, which sounds incredible. The best I can describe the engine noise is like the whine of a supercharger. The exhaust note is also amazing. It's similar to a small block Chevy at wide open throttle.

The bad: Rear wheel has some missing paint due to prior owner spilling brake fluid years ago, minor scratches and paint fade on plastic. Prior owner also drilled a few small holes into the fairing for additional cooling. Looks fine in my opinion. This bike has never been wrecked or rebuilt!

What the bike has: 33,XXX miles running on Mobil 1 fully synthetic motorcycle oil, RARE Single Sided Swing arm, high mount Two Brothers carbon fiber pipe, Power Commander II, blue LED gauge cluster lighting, 4300K bi-xenon dual H4 HID setup, twin rear brake/running light LED drop in clusters (You can see at night and be seen during the day!), also includes a solid paint matched rear seat cover, Corbin seat with provision for backrest (backrest not included), Zero Gravity tinted windscreen. Both front and rear tires are new (within the past 2 years).

The best time I could pull off was an 11.6 @ 119 MPH at Cecil County Dragway in MD. I've taken it there once just to see what it could do.

The bike runs strong, looks great, and sounds amazing! I have videos and photos upon request. I'm 6'4" and this is one of the most comfortable bikes I've been on. My fiance and I typically ride 200+ miles a weekend on it. The ONLY reason I am selling it is that we just bought a house and I need an all weather vehicle for my 56 mile round trip commute.

Video here at Cecil:

And to hear some decent motor sound:

Photos:

Thanks!