Vehicles Post any vehicles you wish to sell.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[FourCorners]: 2001 XJ Limited

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default 2001 XJ Limited

Time for me to move on. Visions of grandeur and wheeling in the mountains ended up with me just commuting to and from work. And I didn't really build the XJ for that. So here it goes:

196K miles. This thing has eaten a lot of road. It has a new complete head on it (I preemptively replaced it to avoid 0331 cracking issues in the Jeep 4.0 motors of 2000 and 2001). This is a beefed up replica in the area that the head was known to crack.

Just passed emissions and is registered for two years. It also has brand new catalytic converters (all 3).

Limited edition: Leather heated seats (I know, I know, it's Arizona but the lady loves them in the winter).

AC works great

4" of lift done right. TnT customs long arm kit bolted to their frame stiffeners. This kit has ridiculous articulation.

Front axle is a trussed Super Dana30 with chromoly axles and WJ knuckles. 1-ton over the knuckle steering gives ZERO death wobble and is packed with a Yukon zip locker. 4:10 gearing gives nearly identical overall gearing to stock with 33's on the corners. WJ knuckles means you get WJ disks as well. Steel plate axle cover and new fluids.

Rear axle is a Ford 8.8 with relocated shock mounts, Ford racing limited slip with extra disks packed in so it locks up sooner and complete with a slip yoke eliminator to eliminate driveline vibrations. Ford 8.8 has brand new rotors and pads as well. Steel plate axle cover and new fluids.

Newish Bilstein 5100 shocks all around.

BFG A/T 33x10.5x15. 10k miles on them. These are 3 ply sidewalls and do great on the rocks while keeping the mpg's and road noise down on the highway.

With the Yukon locker there's an ARB compressor that can also be used to air up the tires. It will do the XJ plus my buddie's 35x12.5s in one shot before needing to cool down.

Dirtbound Offroad Cut and Fold rear bumper (very low profile) with hitch and frame rail extensions.

And all the other little stuff: LED rock lights, newish windshield, headlight relays and Eurospec buckets with 100w brights (better than aftermarket HID kits), Lebaron hood vents, bedliner on the roof and hood, auxilary transmission cooler, Napier fender flares (lower profile and better looking than the Bushwacker ones), and probably some other stuff I'm missing.

The bad:
Rear leafs are getting a little old. They're really flexy in the rocks, but any amount of camping gear you add and they sag a little.

Rear main seal is leaking. The XJ just marks it's territory like any other. Not too hard to replace (just have to drop the oil pan on this motor), but it's such a small deal that I haven't bothered to do it yet.

Couple of rock dings on the underside, and I'm hoping the next owner will put more in!

Trade for a mini-van? Trying to drain all of my mojo in one go here!

Name:  7_zpscc5b9b6c.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  134.8 KB
Name:  3_zps6bad72e1.jpg
Size:  113.1 KB
Name:  5_zps2b98f853.jpg
Size:  100.8 KB
Name:  2_zps56c477e5.jpg
Size:  77.6 KB