Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Xj control arm drop brackets

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Xj control arm drop brackets

Hello there.. Brand new member, but I've been getting from here forever. I have a 2001 xj. I bought a 95 as a parts vehicle that has a 6" lift that I'm currently removing and going to install into my 01.. That parts vehicle has fixed lowers and adjustable uppers with control arm drop brackets. I'd really like to use them drop brackets however, they are missing the little piece that attaches to the bottom bracket for the upper body side mount to attach.. Wrap your head around this, the lowers were mounted to the drop brackets, the uppers were mounted to the factory mounting position.. I guess you could technically align caster like this but I can imagine it binding like crazy. Not to mention it looks goofy as hell.. My question is basically, what do you suggest I do? Idk if re or rc would sell the piece separately. Most likely will have to fab something huh? Or just not run them. Bit I really want too. Haha. I'm sure we all know what this piece looks like but I attached a picture for the heck of it.. Any hell, suggestions, would be very appreciated.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee

Would like to apologize for not proof reading that before pressing submit.. I hope you guys still get the idea