Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiper delay module wiring with potentiometer

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Wiper delay module wiring with potentiometer

Hey there! Just joined this forum.

So I was given a trashed 1993 Jeep Cherokee that had been put through the ringer to say the least. Was in an accident and than basically turned into a 15 ft tall art project / parade float removing all kinds of body panels and such including the entire front grill and all lights. I finished gutting it and turned it into a pickup truck using reclaimed materials.

The previous owner had basically torn out all the plastic on steering column and every last switch including the ignition to hot wire it when the key was lost, so I replaced them all with push button/toggles from radio shack and a golf cart turn signal switch.

Now everything works, I even got the wipers to work, but only hi/lo speed. I am unable to figure out how to wire the delay via the intermittent wiper module (I've located it, black box under dash) to a potentiometer, all diagrams I can find on the web are ambiguous. I have 500k and 100k ohm pots.

There is a green wire and a brown wire which seem to be for the delay but no configuration I have tried with the pot has worked. Does anyone have any details on how I'm supposed to wire in this variable resistor into the circuit?

Thanks!