Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VIOLENT shaking after lift kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default VIOLENT shaking after lift kit

So I know I posted earlier about having some drive shaft vibrations, but I feel like this is a worse issue.

I finished my RC 3 inch lift kit yesterday and was noticing some drive shaft vibrations. No big deal, but pretty noticeable. About a half hour ago, I was driving down the road (thank god I didn't take the highway) and all of the sudden my entire jeep started shaking violently. It caused my phone to fly off of the seat and knocked a whole bunch of things over. Scary enough to cause me to shake. Looked under the car and nothing seemed out of place.

I drove it home slowly and didn't experience anything like it again. Today I got a 4 wheel alignment and changed the oil, which I don't think were related.

What could that have been? I'm stumped as to what could cause a momentary problem that severe. ANY help is greatly appreciated.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:12 PM

Year: 1993

Originally Posted by willtoskie
So I know I posted earlier about having some drive shaft vibrations, but I feel like this is a worse issue.

I finished my RC 3 inch lift kit yesterday and was noticing some drive shaft vibrations. No big deal, but pretty noticeable. About a half hour ago, I was driving down the road (thank god I didn't take the highway) and all of the sudden my entire jeep started shaking violently. It caused my phone to fly off of the seat and knocked a whole bunch of things over. Scary enough to cause me to shake. Looked under the car and nothing seemed out of place.

I drove it home slowly and didn't experience anything like it again. Today I got a 4 wheel alignment and changed the oil, which I don't think were related.

What could that have been? I'm stumped as to what could cause a momentary problem that severe. ANY help is greatly appreciated.
Search DEATH WOBBLE. There's about 293754950373058385 links about what causes it and fixes it
Old 03-15-2012, 07:23 PM

Year: 2000

Originally Posted by XJdryva
Search DEATH WOBBLE. There's about 293754950373058385 links about what causes it and fixes it
I guess I had it in my head that it was related to the drives haft vibes. After watching videos of death wobble it's obvious that's what it was. Thanks!
Old 03-15-2012, 07:50 PM

Year: 1993

No prob. Mine does it cuz of a sloppy steering box. Going to yank one out of a 2wd this weekend cuz theoretically it should be less abused than one off a 4X4