Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rubicon Express AAL 2.5'' question..

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 01:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Default Rubicon Express AAL 2.5'' question..

hey,

i have a full aal 2.5'' on the way
can i add this full leaf without unbolting the longest leaf with the eyes by just dropping the axle will i have enough clearance.. or do i have to completely remove the leaf pack from the jeep or is this doable still on?

thanks,

-Marc
Old 05-07-2018, 03:24 PM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by LadyKenai
hey,

i have a full aal 2.5'' on the way
can i add this full leaf without unbolting the longest leaf with the eyes by just dropping the axle will i have enough clearance.. or do i have to completely remove the leaf pack from the jeep or is this doable still on?

thanks,

-Marc
should be able to
Old 05-07-2018, 04:15 PM

i kinda figure it should yes just dont want to deal with those chassis leaf spring bolts when im half way into this.

thank you
marc
Old 05-07-2018, 05:22 PM
CF Veteran

i kinda figure it should yes just dont want to deal with those chassis leaf spring bolts when im half way into this.

thank you
marc
are you doing aal because you are afraid of those bolts? I dont think you are going ro be happy with the ride quality. I hated it. Plus if your springs are sagging, an aal wont last long. Just some thoughts.
Old 05-07-2018, 06:58 PM

no not cause of those bolts i just dont see the labor in taking the leaf pack off completely if it can be done keeping the main leaf on the jeep. i choose the aal cause the axle lifting blocks arent recommended and i dont see the point of using shackles over an FULL add-a-leaf.. if they wont last long i can always use a shackles later but its the situation right now toolwise and garage i have access but thats not for long.. im trying to get big stuff done and little stuff for later without a garage i can use just the driveway with less tools

marc

edit: my springs are not saggy the quality of driving i just have to find out myself i would say first time for everything

Last edited by LadyKenai; 05-07-2018 at 07:06 PM.
Old 05-07-2018, 07:07 PM
CF Veteran

no not cause of those bolts i just dont see the labor in taking the leaf pack off completely if it can be done keeping the main leaf on the jeep. i choose the aal cause the axle lifting blocks arent recommended and i dont see the point of using shackles over an FULL add-a-leaf.. if they wont last long i can always use a shackles later but its the situation right now toolwise and garage i have access but thats not for long.. im trying to get big stuff done and little stuff for later without a garage i can use just the driveway with less tools

marc
i wasn't suggesting blocks or shackles over aal....new leaf packs is the best option. But you already have the aal on order
Old 05-07-2018, 07:13 PM

i know thats fine theres also budget i try to stay around.. its already been adding up bump stops, longer ubolts already come in play also and i might be looking at fender flare trimming (i hope not)

marc

edit: i got tricked into buy bigger tires than i thought it was and thats just osmething i have to deal with now
Old 05-08-2018, 03:57 PM
CF Veteran

Received 298 Likes on 253 Posts
Year: '96

Post pics when it's done.
Old 05-08-2018, 04:29 PM

sure yes i cant wait.. something weird is going on though..

ive ordered the rubicon express 2.5'' full add-a-leaf from amazon on april 28
so last friday 4th it should of been in well i got a box with two center pins but no leaf springs huge box with just those bolts and completely empty.. called amazon they said replacement is on the way they did this without any questions asked, so this last monday 7th again i got a huge empty box with just center pins.. called them again this time took bit more effort talking to them and again now there is another box on the way and should be here tomorrow.. hopefully it has something in it this time..

pffft what a joke

ive ordered tons of stuff from amazon but never had troubles like this i dont know what to think about it. i got all the hardware shock extentions and what not just those leafs. its shipped and sold by amazon it says

Marc

edit: im going to end up with 4 sets of center pins cause i ordered a set myself wasnt sure if it came with it

Last edited by LadyKenai; 05-08-2018 at 04:31 PM.
Old 05-08-2018, 04:47 PM
CF Veteran

sure yes i cant wait.. something weird is going on though..

ive ordered the rubicon express 2.5'' full add-a-leaf from amazon on april 28
so last friday 4th it should of been in well i got a box with two center pins but no leaf springs huge box with just those bolts and completely empty.. called amazon they said replacement is on the way they did this without any questions asked, so this last monday 7th again i got a huge empty box with just center pins.. called them again this time took bit more effort talking to them and again now there is another box on the way and should be here tomorrow.. hopefully it has something in it this time..

pffft what a joke

ive ordered tons of stuff from amazon but never had troubles like this i dont know what to think about it. i got all the hardware shock extentions and what not just those leafs. its shipped and sold by amazon it says

Marc

edit: im going to end up with 4 sets of center pins cause i ordered a set myself wasnt sure if it came with it
post a link of what you ordered.
Old 05-08-2018, 04:52 PM
CF Veteran

Should be these.

Amazon Amazon
Old 05-08-2018, 04:57 PM

yep ezearl thats the one

RE1410
Old 05-08-2018, 05:00 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by EZEARL
Dang. I forgot how expensove aal were haha
Old 05-08-2018, 05:03 PM
CF Veteran

Had it saved in my favorites from when I was planning a suspension redo.
Old 05-08-2018, 05:05 PM

this time the mailman comes and its empty again i can feel it without opening it should weigh 22 pounds if its empty again i will NOT accept the package and he can take it with him and report back to whom ever he got it from

marc

edit: i thought its a fair price 40 bucks per leaf idk seems fair to me

Quick Reply: Rubicon Express AAL 2.5'' question..